Friday, January 4, 2008

Country Boy


We moved to the Virginia countryside on Halloween in 2005. William was just a little over 1 at the time. Moving to the country was quite an adjustment for mommy. William loved it - tons of space to move around, no neighbor's to bother you....a whole lot of nothing was going on. For a child this was great - but for a mom who was used to the city, ahh you could say I had to change a lot of my habits. Country living is not "easy living" by any means.

1st order of Business - Bugs! They are everywhere - not like the magazine articles you read about. The air is clean, but the bugs are for real. Wasps, bees, ticks, mosquitoes, OMG - the flies, and who could forget the ladybugs (but they are harmless). And my favorite - Poison Ivy. yikes.......I had no idea.

2nd Order of Business - Forget Starbucks! Where is the closest grocery store, I mean gas station, Chinese take out or pizza delivery, Anybody??? Everything is 30 minutes away. Stuff that used to take 1 hr now takes 3, maybe 4, maybe all afternoon. Forget saying - "I'll be right back!" because that is just not happening.
3rd Order of Business - Get a Dog. Everyone in the country has a dog - so we got 4. Jessie, Harley, Daisy, & Sammie. (Chesapeake Bay Retrieve, Chocolate Lab, 2 Redbone Coon Hounds)

4th Order of Business - My Website. Since I had all of this time, I decided to give BTP a face lift.

No comments: